A new pilot program allowed people who would normally be hospitalized to stay home. Getty ImagesRead more
- A new study found that the home hospital model can potentially improve care while reducing costs.
- The cost of care was nearly 40 percent lower. Trial participants receiving hospital care in their homes had a 70 percent lower rate of readmission to the hospital.
- People check
It took scientists 20 years to develop the Cosmic Crisp, a cross between the Honeycrisp and Enterprise apples. Getty ImagesRead more
- A new crossbreed apple called the Cosmic Crisp is headed to store shelves.
- Experts say the apple can stay fresh for up to a year in your refrigerator.
- Nutritionists say the apple has a sweet and crisp taste.
- They say apples are a healthy
Nearly 90 percent of people in the workplace say they’re unsure how much or what kind of emotional support to offer a co-worker who’s living with a chronic condition. Getty ImagesRead more
- A new survey from Cancer and Careers found that 88 percent of people have concerns about their ability to support a co-worker with a serious medical condition.
- And 89 percent believe management could have
Though the benefits can vary widely from person to person, taking a monthlong break from alcohol can do your body good. Getty ImagesRead more
- Cutting out alcohol if you drink in excess can bring about health benefits for your liver, heart, and body composition.
- The current Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that alcohol should be consumed in moderation — up to one drink per day for w